Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First grade!?!?!



The princess started 1st grade on Monday and I'm still dealing with it. Every 10 minutes or so, I'm thinking about her. Wondering what she's doing. Is she making new friends? Are the kids being nice to her? Was she able to buy her lunch ok, without spilling it? Did she remember where I put her money? Will she use the bathroom when she needs to go?? Aagh!! And then I pick her up from child care and she's as calm as can be, and I can finally breathe again. After the first day the first words out of her mouth were, "Kindergarten is awesome, Mom! My teacher is very very nice!" *Sigh*

It's exciting to know she can do all these things and survive, without me. It's also terrifying. When did I get a 6-year-old, ready to take on the world, without her mommy?! But I'm not going to fool you....I'll probably continue being excited and terrified way into the high school years.

P.S. Regarding the pictures... Of course Rick said "Oh, the 80's are back, I see..." I thought she looked cute! haha! And she picked the outfit out by herself, so she was proud :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one think she looks ADORABLE! Those leggings and shoes are all my girls want to wear this year ;)

Karol said...

She does look cute in her 80's attire! We need to stop them from growing anymore. I'm glad she had a good day!

The Red Headed Mama said...

Love the outfit! She looks adorable...tell Rick that yes, the 80's are back :)