Friday, July 10, 2009

BFF-ing

(Courtesy of Jaci at Ravings of a Mad Housewife)


* My face continues to break out in a way I haven't seen since puberty. Damn pregnancy hormones.


* Every time the Princess sees my stomach, she screams, OH WOW! The baby is growing! Let me remind you, I'm only about 3 months along.


* My job keeps piling on more and more responsibility, assignments, jobs, what-not. And I'm not being compensated. But I have a job, right??! Right??


* Aforementioned job is getting on my last nerves. I'm about to start a countdown already of how many days until maternity leave.


* One of my friends, supposedly one of the 'bests', hasn't called/emailed/texted/fb/myspaced me anything since I told her I was pregnant. No 'hey how are you feeling?' or 'what's the princess think?' Nada. I'm trying not to let it bother me because she's pretty infamous for being self-absorbed all.the.time, but just once I wanted it to be about me. Yeah, I sound like a child. I may also be a little put off by her because some of the only things she was concerned about when I told her was demanding why I waited so long to tell her (I was 8 weeks) and also demanding she be in my wedding some day. Not only that, but the maid of honor. Oh, boy.....


* I don't want to mess with the morning sickness gods, but I'm starting to feel a little better! It's great to finally be able to walk into my kitchen again without gagging or threatening to throw away anything edible. I even *gasp* cooked a meal the other night. Baby steps.


* I am going to have such a family-filled weekend and I couldn't be more excited. My sister will be in town with my nieces (oh, and the brother-in-law too) and I can't wait. Family is just so comfortable, ya know?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

It's nice when the morning sickness subsides. Mine lasted for about 4 months each time and I still gained too much weight. Oh well.

Karol said...

*phew* I thought you were talking about me! (but then I realized I never bugged you about the wedding! :)

I'm glad that you're starting to feel a bit better!! Love ya!

The Red Headed Mama said...

Glad you are starting to feel better! I think it's time to give the boy some cooking lessons ;)

Love you!

Beautiful Mess said...

The first trimester SUCKS! There is nothing glow-y or fun about it. Besides of course, the obvious. Sorry about your friend. Enjoy your family weekend! Revel in that love and comfortableness!
*HUGS*