I like to believe everything happens for a reason. I can't always explain what that reason is, and I will never know why bad and awful things happen. But there are a few things I know happened for a reason, and if any one little thing had changed, my whole life would be different. But it's that way for everyone.
The princess will be 7 tomorrow (EEK!) but I, without a doubt, was 'saved' by this little one 7 years and 9 months ago. Who really knows what would have happened with my life? I can't imagine it being any better, but it could've been worse. I was all about me, and flying by the seat of my pants before becoming pregnant. And then, BAM!, there's a life inside of you and you better take care of the precious cargo, and oh my gosh, I'm a mom! And it's been amazing. And tough, really, really tough. But there is still not a day that goes by that I remind myself how lucky I am to have such a wonderful daughter.
I met the guy at the Brown's stadium at a country concert. His seat was directly in front of mine. I had a relationship ending, was there to have a fantastic time, and hours later I met him. Since I was directly behind him, he didn't really know I was there. He would've had to turn completely around to notice me. Well, in the middle of an intense session of 'air drumming' (like playing the air guitar, but he was rocking some air drum sticks) I noticed him. Tattooed arms, shaved head, care free and loving it. My initial thought was wow, I've never really seen someone rocking out the drums like that. Then, oh, wow, I wonder what my mom would say about those tattoos... We met. We danced. He even got a quick kiss. I refused to give my number 2 or 3 times...like he would ever call me?? why bother??...finally gave in, and fully expected to never hear from him again. Exactly 3 days later (must be that rule I always hear about), while I was out on a semi-date, I receive a call and a message from him. I called him the next day, and we were inseparable for quite awhile. Things just clicked with us. We're not perfect by any means, we've had our fair share of arguments and disagreements. But that's why it's working, and I can't imagine how life would be without him. Sappy (especially for me), but true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hope you and Princess enjoy her birthday tomorrow. 7 is a big year, lots of fun!
Enjoy your day!
*HUGS*
I completely feel you. ha. where would we be right now with out these kids? Frightening thought, isn't it? Love you woman, and enjoy her birthday tomorrow! *hugs*
Happy Birthday, Princess!!!!! I can't believe she's 7...wow.
Love all of you!
Well happy birthday to the Princess. It's weird how sometimes we meet someone by chance...and it doesn't seem like an accident at all. I lived in Utah...my hubby lived in Massachusetts...we met in a restaurant in New Jersey just because we happened to be sitting at tables next to each other....12 years later we're together and happier than we ever thought we could be. It's cool how sometimes fate steps in and takes the reins.
Post a Comment