Of course I don’t mean my perfect child…other kids.
Please note: 'perfect' means perfect for me
I asked the guy to pick the princess up from school a couple days a week since a. it would save me some drive time after work, b. it would save me from paying the sitter, and c. he doesn’t have a job! Help me out a little, man.. Anyways…
Princess gets picked up and safely returned home. I receive a text from Rick saying she’s crying because kids at school were making fun of her. What?!? Immediately I call and ask to speak to her.
Well, apparently she forgot to zip up her pants after a restroom trip and a couple kids who she didn’t even know* laughed at her because they could see her underwear. She’s bawling telling me the story, and while I thought maybe I’d silently laugh a little (because come on, is this really a big deal?), I feel my eyes watering. I want to bawl with her. I want to hug her and tell her kids are cruel. I tell her that it happens to grown-ups sometimes and that it’s not right to make fun of other people. I tell her I’m sorry she’s been hurt. In a way, I’m glad I wasn’t with her. I wouldn’t want her to see the tears in my eyes. There is nothing that hits my heart more than a kid in distress. Even when it isn’t life threatening or the worst thing ever. But to a 6-year-old, this broke my heart because it hurt her so badly.
And then, I decided if I found out who those kids were, I’d trip them because that would be the right thing to do.
(*I think it felt worse because the kids weren’t classmates or recognizable to her. I mean, it’s a little different when your BFF teases you a little.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I hate it when stuff like that happens because I have a tendency to mouth off when stuff like that happens to me - so when the kids tell me it's happened to them, I have to watch what I say! LOL
Even though it was embarassing, it's a perfect time to teach her it's ok to laugh at herself...it's the perfect defense against the little twits who made fun of her!
Poor little! It sucks to see your kid having to start to grow thick skin. *hugs* I hope she has a better day today!
Oh, I had that moment at Chuck E Cheese on Sunday when some mean kid punched and kicked Aiden in the tunnels and made him cry. I seriously wanted to find out who it was and push him.
Mean kids suck!
Hey - i saw your comment on Jaci's Letter to the Druggers... i mean Duggers... and I see you're a fellow single mom... so I stopped over to say hi!
Hi!!
Gonna go read more!
Kids can be SO cruel. I remember being teased all too well. I'm not looking forward to those days in the future!
there's nothing worng with sticking out ur leg for a snotty brat who makes fun of kids. i say do it! oh, is that wrong? thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Post a Comment